Listerine is a brand of antiseptic product that has been in the market from many years ago. Basically, it is used to improve your oral health and daily care routine. This is also an effective mouthwash reduce the problems of gingivitis and plaque. Listerine mouthwash also contains antifungal and sanitizing properties which help you to improve your overall oral health. This is also beneficial to kill germs and bacteria that cause bad breath.
Listerine is also a cool mint & antimicrobial mouthwash fights with gum problems and also prevents you from oral problems. Do you know some more surprising uses of Listerine mouthwash? If no, then let’s scroll down below to know that how Listerine will take a significant role in your daily life. Here we have merged list of surprising uses of Listerine mouthwash you have never heard of before.
10 Surprising Uses of Listerine Mouthwash You’ve Never Heard Of:-
- Treats Jock Itch: –
Jock itch problem creates lots of discomfort and itching. So, to treat or alleviate these problems you can use regular mouthwash. Listerine has antiseptic nature and cooling property that help to reduce inflammation and soreness. You just need to soak a cotton ball in Listerine and rub it gently on your affected skin for instant relief.
- Cure Toenail Fungus infections: –
Listerine has antifungal properties that are very useful to treat nail fungus problems. This will provide you amazing relief from the problems of burning sensation and excessive itching. Listerine mouthwash also contains thymol that works as an antiseptic to prevent you from further infections.
- Reduce Dandruff: –
Feeling amazed?? Yes, it is beneficial to treat the problem of dandruff from your scalp. It has alcohol content and some anti fungal properties that help you to get rid of dandruff. Apply direct Listerine on your scalp and massage with your fingertips in a circular motion for some minutes and then leave it for 5 minutes. Then shampoo your hairs, as usual, you will see great results.
- Soften Dry and cracked heels: –
Listerine is also effective to soften your cracked and dry heels. But how?? Uses of Listerine Mouthwash kills the bacteria that are responsible for foot odor and reduce the number of your feet sweat.
- Put 2 glass of water in foot tub and add 1 cup of Listerine to it.
- You can also use white vinegar to this solution.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 20 minutes and add hot water to keep water warm.
- You can scrub your feet too to remove dead skin cells.
- Wash your feet and get them dry and apply moisturizer to keep your feet smooth.
- Kills Head Lice: –
This is a very annoying problem especially among the school age children’s. For this problem, Listerine has cooling menthol that works very well to kill lice and provides you relief from itching problem.
- Just massage your scalp and cover it with the shower cap for at least 2 hours.
- Wash your hairs properly with the mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process for a couple of days.
- Whiten your yellow nails: –
This is one of the best ways to whiten your yellow nails. Uses of Listerine Mouthwash contains some active ingredients such as menthol and thymol which are used to make your nails whiter and reduce fungal infection.
- Mix equal amount of vinegar and Listerine and then soak your nails in this solution for at least 20 minutes.
- Then gently scrub your nails with a soft brush and your nails become white.
- Fights with Body odor: –
Have you heard before that a mouthwash can also work as a deodorant? Yes, now this miracle is possible with the Uses of Listerine Mouthwash. It will work as a germ-fighting mouthwash to lends a minty fragrance to your body and keep your fresh for longer.
- Just soak a cotton ball in the Listerine and rub on your smelly areas of the body and underarms.
- You also use spray bottle by pouring Listerine in it.
- Clean floor and Toilets: –
Don’t you think it’s unbelievable! Yes, Listerine is a regular mouthwash that can also work as a toilet cleaner and floor cleaner too. This is useful to kill bad odor from your toilets and kitchens. It doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- Add one cup of Listerine to a half bucket of water to clean your floors and toilets.
- Clear Acne: –
This mouthwash also works as effective astringent to treat the acne problems and also helps to remove redness. It is very antiseptic in nature and prevents you from skin infections.
- Wash your face with warm water and apply a little quantity of Listerine to acne before going to bed.
- Wash your face in next morning again and repeat this process daily to get instant relief.
- Laundry sanitizer: –
This is last and one of most surprising Uses of Listerine Mouthwash. Listerine is used to remove harmful bacteria from your laundry. You just need to be sure that it doesn’t contain any artificial coloring.
- Add one cup Listerine to washing machine regular cycles for germ-free clothing.
- Put them under sunlight to get dry for effective results.